AiRISTA Ranked in 2022 Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Indoor Location Services report
Click here for a complimentary download of the report.
AiRISTA ranks 5th across 3 categories in the 2022 Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Indoor Location Services report. The 3 use cases are Static Assets, High Value or Flight Risk assets, and Asset Interactions.
Real time location services is an expanding market in terms of market size, breadth of use cases, variety of technologies, and number of vendors. Successful deployments require alignment of the use case to the right technology. The 2022 Critical Capabilities Report for Indoor Location Services evaluates 15 vendors across 6 use cases that represent requirements of typical deployments.
- Static Asset Location
- Zonal Asset Tracking
- Real Time Location System Asset Tracking
- People Tracking
- High-Value or Flight Risk Asset Tracking
- Asset Interactions
AiRISTA embraces the expansion of the RTLS market. Market dynamics are changing quickly and advances in technology make new use cases viable.
- To support the growing opportunities in logistics markets AiRISTA introduced indoor/outdoor tags that provide continuous visibility to people and assets when they leave the facility.
- AiRISTA introduced support for Bluetooth® Low Energy Angle-of-Arrival to support use cases like autonomous vehicles which require submeter accuracy and 1 second updates.
- With support for BLE 5.1, AiRISTA tags can track assets in the vertical dimension to support warehouse and stockroom applications.
- Proliferation of sensors has sparked the need to combine sonsor inputs to drive better business decisions. Computer vision is one of several areas AiRISTA is combining sensor inputs. AiRISTA’s Unified Vision Solution platform provides APIs for integration to physical systems like stack lights, door locks, PTZ cameras, etc.
- As location information about workplace resources is shared across enterprise applications, AiRISTA created the Flow Studio low-code design environment that provide drag & drop development of complex workflows and connectors for integration.
In the Critical Capabilities Report for Indoor Location Services, Gartner provides the following recommendations for I/O leaders.
- “Examine vendors’ location capabilities by mapping their technologies and methods against your use-case requirements that will reveal how and at what level they will address your business problem.
- Use multiple technologies to address differing usage scenarios in a comprehensive enterprise solution.
- Find solutions with a location engine that can provide data on the x/y/z axis. Floor level or rack-level asset information can be invaluable in certain processes, such as asset finding and human safety.
- Deploy a comprehensive location platform that is able to ingest the data from different technologies or vendors, while providing an API to communicate “blue dot” location information to dashboards or business rules.”
The 2022 Gartner® Critical Capabilities Report for Indoor Locations Services is a companion report to the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services report in which AiRISTA is recognized in the Leader quadrant.
 Gartner®, Critical Capabilities for Indoor Location Tracking, Annette Zimmermann, Tim Zimmerman, March 7th 2022
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services,
By Tim Zimmerman, Annette Zimmermann, 23 February 2022
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.