Hospital Asset Tracking
AiRISTA’s Unified Vision Solution is an RTLS platform to help solve challenges of managing assets in a healthcare setting.
- Healthcare providers lack sufficient equipment to meet the needs of the floor or department
- Lack of equipment specialists delays delivery of equipment
- There is typically more than enough equipment for each patient, but in the wrong place
- A lack of trust around equipment management leads to hoarding
- Inefficient management of maintenance leads to shortages
- Lack of reporting and alerting to PAR-level adherence
With AiRISTA’s RTLS solution, assets are managed via useful dashboards with direct access to maps, equipment status and other relevant information. The solution leverages your existing WiFi infrastructure.
AiRISTA - Top 6 Asset Tracking Use Cases
Efficient Utilization of IV Pumps
The AiRISTA RTLS solution was deployed by a hospital to increase asset utilization rates for IV pumps
- Utilization rates increased from 32% to 65%
- Reduction in IV pump purchase from 1200 to 780 devices.
Utilization statistics show the average hospital requires an average of 2.5 IV pumps per room, well more than one extra per pump in use. And if asked, most clinical staff would want more.
Due to inefficient maintenance management, hoarding, “lost”, and non-strategic placement, utilization rates in the low 30% range are accepted.
AiRISTA Asset Tracking Webinar
A 380 bed regional medical center with a pre RTLS deployment inventory of 1200 IV pumps with an in-use rate of 30%.
- After deployment of the AiRISTA Flow solution, the “in-use” rate increased to 65%
- The most recent IV pump purchase was reduced to 780 IV pumps resulting in a savings greater than $1MM.
- Management Platform: AiRISTA UVS
- Infrastructure: Existing Cisco WiFi infrastructure
- Asset RTLS Tags: AiRISTA Flow A4 WiFi/BLE Asset Tag
- Integrations: Alaris XYZ System
- Deployment time: 21 days
AiRISTA - Leader in Gartner 2022 Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Tracking
Named LEADER in Gartner 2022 Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location
According to Gartner
- Vendors in the Leaders quadrant will have demonstrated an ability to fulfil a broad variety of customer requirements through the breadth of their indoor location service solutions.
- Leaders will have the ability to provide complete and differentiating capabilities as part of their indoor location offerings. This includes global service and support.
- Leaders should have demonstrated the ability to shape the market, maintain strong relationships with their channels and customers, and have no obvious gaps in their portfolios.